Many business leaders indicate that having to respond to COVID-19 had a significant impact on their business. Dr. Fauci at a White House press briefing indicated he anticipates the COVID-19 coronavirus will have another wave in fall 2020. For these reasons, every business leader should consider requiring their companies to have a proactive plan in place and available to respond to a potential second wave of COVID-19.
To assist you in developing a proactive plan to respond to a second wave, a sample pre-populated project scope is available to you in a Word document that you can customize to meet the unique needs of your business. The project scope for a COVID-19 response plan includes prepopulated information for the following attributes:
- Problem Definition
- Project Goal
- Project Deliverables
- Project Scope
- Measures of Success
- Team Members, including project manager and project sponsor
- High Level Milestones
- High Level Project Budget
- Assumption and Constraints
- Preliminary Risk Assessment
- List of Approvers
For instance, the “Problem Statement” in the Word document has the following information that can be easily modified to meet your unique business requirements.
"Based on the information we have today:
- If a COVID-19 second wave occurs, it will probably happen in late fall between 10/1 and 12/31/20
- It is likely a second wave will:
- Impact company associates due to potential health risks and social distancing requirements
- Disrupt operations, supply chain, and customers
- (Positively/negatively) affect cash flow
- (Decrease/increase/not impact) sales and (decrease/increase/not impact) profitability
- A COVID-19 second wave would have a (low/medium/high) impact on our business and a (low/medium/high) likelihood of occurring. The combination of these factors suggests the overall risk to our business of a COVID-19 second wave is (low/medium/high)."
All topics, such as Project Goal and Project Deliverables, are also prepopulated. Items in parentheses can be adjusted by you based on your unique business needs. To receive an email of the Word document of the Sample Project Charter/Project Scope, click here.